BBI2O - Introduction to Business, Grade 10, Open
Name of School: KCS Online Learning
Course Development Date: 2017
Course Reviser/Revision Date: ----
Course Title: Introduction To Business, Grade 10
Ministry Course Code: BBI2O
Credit Value: 1.0
Developed from: The Ontario Curriculum, Grades 9 and 10: Business, 2006 (revised)
This course introduces students to the world of business. Students will develop an understanding of the functions of business, including accounting, marketing, information and communication technology, human resources, and production, and of the importance of ethics and social responsibility. This course builds a foundation for further studies in business and helps students develop the business knowledge and skills they will need in their everyday lives.
Curriculum Overall Expectations:
- A1 demonstrate an understanding of how businesses respond to needs, wants, supply, and demand;
- A2 compare types of businesses;
- A3 demonstrate an understanding of ethics and social responsibility in business;
- A4 demonstrate an understanding of the benefits and challenges for Canada in the field of international business.
Functions of a Business
- B1 explain the role of production in business;
- B2 explain the role of human resources in business;
- B3 demonstrate an understanding of sound management practices in business;
- B4 demonstrate an understanding of the importance and role of marketing in business;
- B5 demonstrate an understanding of the importance and role of accounting in business;
- B6 demonstrate an understanding of the importance and role of information and communication technology in business.
- C1 demonstrate an understanding of income and spending issues facing individuals and businesses;
- C2 demonstrate an understanding of how banks and other financial institutions operate;
- C3 demonstrate an understanding of effective investment practices;
- C4 analyse the role and importance of credit in personal and business finance.
- D1 describe characteristics and skills associated with successful entrepreneurs and demonstrate an understanding of the contributions to Canadian business of selected entrepreneurs;
- D2 analyse the importance of invention and innovation in entrepreneurship.