Healthy Active Living Education, Grade 9, Open (PPL1O)
Name of School: KCS Online Learning
Department: Physical Education
Course Developer: Christian Bayly
Course Development Date: June 2019
Course Reviser/Revision Date: ----
Course Title & Grade: Healthy Active Living Education, Grade 9
Ministry Course Code: PPL1O
Course Type: Open
Credit Value: 1.0
Developed from: Health and Physical Education, 1999
This course emphasizes regular participation in a variety of enjoyable physical activities that promote lifelong healthy active living. Students will learn movement skills and principles, ways to improve personal fitness and physical competence, and safety and injury prevention. They will investigate issues related to healthy sexuality and the use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs, and will participate in activities designed to develop goal setting, communication, and social skills.
Curriculum Overall Expectations:
A .Physical Activity
- A1 demonstrate personal competence in applying movement skills and principles;
- A2 demonstrate knowledge of guidelines and strategies that enhance participation in recreation and sport activities.
B. Active Living
- B1 participate regularly in a balanced instructional program that includes a wide variety of enjoyable physical activities that encourage lifelong participation;
- B2 demonstrate improvement in personal health-related physical fitness;
- B3 demonstrate safe practices regarding the safety of themselves and others.
A. Healthy Living
- C1 identify the factors that contribute to positive relationships with others;
- C2 explain the consequences of sexual decisions on the individual, family, and community;
- C3 demonstrate personal strategies to deal effectively with the social influences that contribute to the use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
B. Living Skills
- D1 use appropriate decision-making skills to achieve goals related to personal health;
- D2 explain the effectiveness of various conflict resolution processes in daily situations;
- D3 use appropriate social skills when working collaboratively with others.