Visual Arts, Photography
Name of School: KCS Online Learning
Course Developer: Christian Bayly
Course Development Date: June 2019
Course Reviser/Revision Date: ----
Course Title & Grade: Visual Arts, Photography, Grade 12
Ministry Course Code: AWQ4M
Course Type: University/College Preparation
Credit Value: 1.0
Developed from: The Arts, Ontario Curriculum, 2010 (revised)
Prerequisite: Visual Arts, Grade 11, University/College Preparation
This course focuses on enabling students to refine their use of the creative process when creating and presenting two- and three-dimensional art works using a variety of traditional and emerging media and technologies. Students will use the critical analysis process to deconstruct art works and explore connections between art and society. The studio program enables students to explore a range of materials, processes, and techniques that can be applied in their own art production. Students will also make connections between various works of art in personal, contemporary, historical, and cultural contexts.
Curriculum Overall Expectations:
A. CREATING AND PRESENTING
- A1. The Creative Process: apply the creative process to create a variety of art works, individually and/or collaboratively;
- A2. The Elements and Principles of Design: apply the elements and principles of design to create art works for the purpose of self-expression and to communicate ideas, information, and/or messages;
- A3. Production and Presentation: produce art works, using a variety of media/materials and traditional and emerging technologies, tools, and techniques, and demonstrate an understanding of a variety of ways of presenting their works and the works of others.
B. REFLECTING, RESPONDING, AND ANALYSING
- B1. The Critical Analysis Process: demonstrate an understanding of the critical analysis process by examining, interpreting, evaluating, and reflecting on various art works;
- B2. Art, Society, and Values: demonstrate an understanding of how art works reflect the society in which they were created, and of how they can affect both social and personal values;
- B3. Connections Beyond the Classroom: demonstrate an understanding of and analyse the requirements for a variety of opportunities related to visual arts.
- C1. Terminology: demonstrate an understanding of, and use correct terminology when referring to, elements, principles, and other components related to visual arts;
- C2. Conventions and Techniques: demonstrate an understanding of conventions and techniques used in the creation of visual art works;
- C3. Responsible Practices: demonstrate an understanding of responsible practices related to visual arts.